Category Archives: Community
We’ve produced e-certificates for all those who managed to complete Sunday’s event. If you want one you can find them here.
If we’ve got any of the names wrong, or there are any other mistakes, then please let us know and we’ll get things changed.
Congratulations to all the riders who took part in last Saturday’s ride.
We’ve produced e-certificates for riders who completed the event. If you want one you can find them here.
If there are any problems please let us know.
Today a group of CWCC riders and friends (the “Old Scrotes to John O’Groats”) begin their attempt to ride from Land’s End to John O’Groats. They plan to do this over the course of nine days on the following schedule:-
- Day 1, Friday 16 June, Land’s End to Iddesleigh, 122.3 miles.
- Day 2, Saturday 17 June, Iddesleigh to Clifton, 114.3 miles.
- Day 3, Sunday 18 June, Clifton to Burton on Trent, 127.8 miles.
- Day 4, Monday 19 June, Burton on Trent to Easingwold, 117.3 miles.
- Day 5, Tuesday 20 June, Easingwold to Rothbury, 118.7 miles.
- Day 6, Wednesday 21 June, Rothbury to Edinburgh, 98.8 miles.
- Day 7, Thursday 22 June, Edinburgh to Kincraig, 126.7 miles.
- Day 8, Friday 23 June, Kincraig to Helmsdale, 107.0 miles.
- Day 9, Saturday 24 June, Helmsdale to John O’Groats, 53.1 miles.
On a map it looks like this.
On day 5, Tuesday 20th, they will be passing through the north east. It would be great to have as many Wheelers as possible out on the road to support them. They’ll be using the following route and they will be setting off from Easingwold about 8:30 am. We’ll put more information on here and an Facebook closer to the time.
Best of luck!
Congratulations to club member, Paul Williams, on his election to the House Of Commons. He won the Stockton South seat for Labour after only being in politics for five weeks.
We wish him every success in his new role.
Presumably Roger Davies will now be looking for a new tandem partner.