Category Archives: Community
Mike Newton writes :-
I am Mike Newton and I maintain the Stokesley Charity Ride website and create the YouTubes for the ride.
I have issued my 10th book through Kindle entitled Great European Self-Guided Cycle Rides the details of which can be found here.
It includes one chapter for 13 annual cycle rides that GASBAGS has cycled since 2006 (not 2007) – so 13 cycle rides. There are then two chapters where I cycled with a joint CTC/GASBAGS group in Andalucia and the French Alps.
- used the reviews that I have written for each ride BUT removed any personal information so I use ‘We’ all the time.
- linked each chapter to the corresponding YouTube.
- linked each daily route through Viewranger so it is possible to download the GPX file so the route can then be transferred to a Garmin or to another mapping system.
- linked the places that we stay at through to information websites and/or to YouTubes.
- included a few photographs for each ride
The book starts with a sub-title: “Cycling Rides devised by GASBAGS for their annual one-week rides
Including Salento in Italy, Galway in Ireland, Menorca, Croatian Islands, Sardinia, Canal du Midi, Three Rivers (Rhine, Moselle, Lahn), Celtic Trail (South Wales), Prague to Vienna Greenway, Outer Hebrides, Scottish Isles, Catalonia, Holland, Andalucia, French Alps.
Just want to let you know about our four mini racing series that is coming up this summer at the cycle circuit at Middlesbrough Sports Village. The Cleveland Wheelers Summer Time Challenge in Partnership with British Cycling 2019
This is the third year that we have run these events and myself and my fellow coaches and volunteers are looking to put on another four excellent events of fun and racing. There will be skills and games on for fun and practice, with three races running simultaneously per age groups :-
Race 1 – U8s and below
Race 2 – U10s & U12s
Race 3 – U14s & U16s
Cost is £5 to enter, per event.
There are medals up for grabs for the top three in each age category with other prizes also there for the taking on the night.
We hope to see you all on the following dates :-
- Monday 3rd June 2019, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Monday 1st July 2019, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Monday 15th July 2019, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Monday 5th August 2019, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
The event poster can be found here.
The e-certificates for last Sunday’s event are now online and can be found here.
The 365 completers page has been updated also. So if you completed the killer route for the first time or if your time this year was better than previous occasions you’ll have a new entry on this page.
If there are any issues then please post.