Josef George writes :-
Firstly, I hope that everyone is doing well. Thank you for bearing with us this last month whilst we have been fine tuning the Prize Presentation Evening and how everything is going to work.
I am delighted to announce that the League 2000 Prize Presentation Evening is on Friday 15th October 2021, 7pm – 9pm in the upstairs function room in the main building at Middlesbrough Sports Village.
Please read the following information very carefully, so that you understand the premise of the evening and how events will unfold –
- Those who are Cleveland Wheeler members will know this room well, as we hold our end of year Training Awards and Christmas Party here.
- To those who are not familiar with this room, to find it, enter the main building at the sports village (NOT the cycle circuit!) and climb the stairs opposite reception. Follow the walkway until you reach the gym and turn right down the corridor. The function room is the first door on the right.
- We will have members of the League 2000 team on hand to point you in the right direction. If you do get lost and can’t find anyone, please ask at reception and they will point you in the right direction also.
- This year, the Prize Presentation Evening will be split into two halves –
- 7pm – 8pm will be for the following age categories – U6s, U8s, U10s.
- 8pm – 9pm will be for the following age categories – U12s, U14s, U16s & O16s.
- If you have a child in both sides, you will need to attend both hours. Please, where possible, only one/two parents per child attend due to capacity.
- Apologies for any inconvenience, but in the interest of safety and at the facilities request, we have been asked to do this. We will do our best to get through everything in the allotted time that we have, but I don’t foresee this being an issue.
- There will be prizes for everyone who has entered the series this year. However, please bear in mind that this will depend on how many events you entered and how many points that you gained.
- There will be medals for the top three boys & girls in each age category and trophies for the overall winner (to be returned after one year).
- If you cannot make it, please contact me. We do hold prizes for a short period of time after the Prize Presentation, but these will be surrendered if still unclaimed.
I also still have some prize money from various rounds across the series. Don’t worry if you have not received this yet. It can be distributed at the Prize Presentation. Again, these will be held for a short period of time after the Prize Presentation, but they will also be surrendered if unclaimed.
Myself and the team look forward to welcoming you to the Prize Presentation Evening and celebrating everyone’s achievements in this year’s edition of the League 2000.
If you require anything further, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Thanks & regards,
Youth Development Officer
Cleveland Wheelers Cycling Club