Obligations, Expectations & Recommendations
Whilst engaged in club activities the club expects all members to behave in a manner that enhances the name and reputation of the club; does not endanger the safety of club members or general public alike; does not cause physical, emotional or mental harm to others; does not make members feel “uncomfortable” in engaging in club activities. The club operates a strict anti-bullying policy, as outlined here.
On joining the club it is strongly recommended that you have third party liability insurance. This may come from your household insurance or from British Cycling or Cycling UK membership, both of which may be obtained at a reduced rate via the club *. Please contact the Club Secretary for details.
Members aged 18-65 are expected to make themselves available to marshal at least one club open event per year (you can marshal more if you want to). An availability survey will be sent out by the membership secretary at the start of each year. Without marshals the club cannot hold these events, which form an important part of the local cycling calendar.
The annual Adult (over 18) membership fee is £15.
Want to join?
Please use one of the following methods :-
The easiest way to join the club is by using this link and completing the form and payment details.
The address of our Membership Secretary (Dave Kirton) is :-
6 Glendue Close
To email Dave please use the following contact form.
For a copy of the application form please click here.
How to pay
- Online – our preferred method, see above.
- Cash – Drop the membership fee along with your membership form through Dave’s door or see him out on the club run or other rides.
- Cheque – Send Dave a cheque made out to Cleveland Wheelers along with your membership form.
- Tea cakes! – Contrary to rumours spread around the local cycling community Dave doesn’t accept tea cakes as payment!
* Reduced British Cycling membership is only available to those joining British Cycling for the first time.