Still to be organised for 2021.
They information below refers to the shortened version of the Evening Series held in 2020. If the 2021 edition goes ahead some, or all, of the instructions will apply. More information will be available in spring 2021.
The events will be run on a circuit that links Tame Bridge-Seamer-Hutton Rudby-Tame Bridge. One lap of the circuit is 8.7 miles.
There will be seven events in the series. They will all be single lap events. The first takes place on 23 July and the last on 3 September.
Prizes will be awarded at the end of the season in a number of categories, Ladies’ and Gentlemen’s scratch and handicap as well as veteran categories. A rider’s best four events count in the competition.
Again there will be a separate Road Bike category. If you are unsure as to what constitutes a Road Bike then please refer to the relevant section of the 2020 Teesside District Open Events and Competitions Booklet.
The cost per event is £3 per adult ride and £2 per junior ride including CTT levies. Pay on the line.
Signing on will be at the usual place – the gravel storage compound on the Tame Bridge to Seamer road. You can sign on there from 6 pm with first rider off at 6.45 pm.
Please be aware that there are some changes to procedure this year to allow us to help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
These are :-
- To minimise cross contamination at sign on could you please bring your own pen and hand sanitiser.
- The rider will take a number and keep it for the duration of the series. Do not hand it back at the end of the night, take it home.
- The rider will be asked to put the exact money in the tin. If change is required it will be taken at one’s own risk.
- There won’t be a pusher off. Riders will go from a foot down start.
- Please run Strava if available as this may prove useful to sort out any timing issues. Use this segment plus 10 to 15 seconds approximately.
- Riders must adhere to social distancing and will be asked to leave the start/finish area unless it is their allotted time.
- Please no spectators at the start/finish.
- Don’t linger at the end. There won’t be any results read out on the night.
- Results will be published on the club website/Facebook as soon after the event as possible.
- We are potentially expecting a lot of riders due to the condensed nature of the series and the fact that not much other racing is taking place. Please bear with us as we iron out any issues on the night.
- Initially we are intending to use one minute intervals between riders but this may get reduced to 30 second intervals if necessary.
Another change this year which isn’t Covid-19 related is the fact that Cycling Time Trials now require each rider to abide by the following rule :-
No competitor shall be permitted to start either a Type A or Type B event unless such competitor has affixed to the rear of their machine a working rear red light, either flashing or constant, that is illuminated and in a position that is clearly visible to other road users.
Note that a Type A event is an open event, while a Type B event is a closed, club-only event such as the Evening Series.
So if you haven’t got a light you won’t be allowed to start.