Christmas Day Time Trial
A cold but bright Christmas Day morning saw 18 riders in the annual Cleveland Wheelers Christmas Day Time Trial. First rider to meet timekeeper Sherry Binks was Denis Punshon who set of on the Newton under Roseberry, Pinchinthorpe, Swans Corner, Poole, Great Ayton 9.5 mile course.Harry Tanfield (KTM – Pro Cycling)proved to be the fastest rider of the day in 21.19, with Marcus Smith being the fastest Cleveland Wheeler in 23.22, another trophy for him.
1) Harry Tanfield KTM – Pro Cycling 21.19
2) Charlie Tanfield Adept Precision 23.07
3) Marcus Smith Cleveland Wheelers 23.22
4) Dave Kirton Cleveland Wheelers 24.54
5) John Main Cleveland Wheelers 26.17
6) Steven Turner Cleveland Wheelers 26.52
7) Mike Guymer TS Racing 27.06
8)Aaron Preston Cleveland Wheelers 27.16
9) Stewart Tanfield Cleveland Wheelers 27.55
10) Dave Cole Cleveland Wheelers 28.08
11) Dave Williams Cleveland Wheelers 28.23
12) Toby Tanfield Cleveland Wheelers 28.45
13) Andrew Howe Cleveland Wheelers 30.10
14) Mike Cole Cleveland Wheelers 31.32
15) Ian Holtby Teesside Clarion 31.39
16) Vicki Howe Cleveland Wheelers 35.09
17) Paul Howe Cleveland Wheelers 36.23 (Inc Puncture)
18) Denis Punshon Cleveland Wheelers 39.05
Many thanks to George Preston for being pusher off and for serenading the riders as they finished with the bag pipes.
Hope you all have a great Christmas and good cycling in 2014
Father Christmas (alias Steve Binks)
Posted on December 27, 2013, in Time Trials. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Christmas Day Time Trial.