Challenge Rides – Details
The Challenge Rides for 2017 will be held as follows :-
- Sunday, 19 March 2017 – Cleveland Wheelers Northallerton 50 from Marton Shops.
- Sunday, 28 May 2017 – Cleveland Wheelers Mountain Challenges from Great Ayton.
- Sunday, 16 July 2017 – Cleveland Wheelers 100 miles Challenge from Marton Shops.
- Saturday, 19 August 2017 – Cleveland Wheelers Rough Stuff from Ingleby Greenhow.
- Sunday, 24 September 2017 – Cleveland Wheelers Castleton 50 from Middlesbrough Sports Village.
More details on individual events will appear on the website and on the club’s Facebook page nearer the time.
Anyone is welcome to enter these rides under the understanding that they do so at their own risk. Please be aware, however, these events are not Sportives. There is no mechanical backup, there are no waymarks on the course nor are there any refreshment stations. Riders need to be familiar with the route, carry their own food and drink and able to deal with any mechanical problems arising.
If you are a member of Cleveland Wheelers then these Challenge Rides count towards the club’s annual Senior and Junior Tourist Trophy competitions. The rules governing these competitions can be found in appendix B of the Club Constitution.